The University's culture of innovation actively encourages people to be creative and to do things differently. We work with our core values to create a continuous learning and development plan personal to you, ensuring you’re constantly challenged, engaged and invigorated. Enjoy our comprehensive package of benefits and be part of a fresh community, where we communicate clearly, embrace diversity and value ideas.
Whatever your role we’ll ensure you receive a warm welcome and are supported as part of our team, making sure you feel equipped and ready to do your job. Your manager will provide you with all the information you'll need in your first few weeks, and introduce you to your colleagues and the University campus. This planned personalised induction programme promotes mutual respect and ensures there’s good communication between managers and employees from the outset.
You’ll also attend a Welcome to the University event where you’ll hear more about our vision and values, and begin to experience how it feels to be part of the University of Plymouth. It’s also a great networking opportunity that will help you start building strong contacts and connections right from the beginning.
- Competitive salary
- Occupational pension schemes
- Generous annual leave entitlement of up to 35 days’ for Academic staff, in addition to 8 statutory holidays and 3 discretionary days
- Family Friendly Policies, including; parental leave, facilities for expectant mothers, an onsite nursery offering childcare and a childcare voucher scheme
- Flexible working – part time hours and requests for changes to working patterns to fit in with family-life/caring responsibilities will be considered fully and, subject to operational needs, will be supported where reasonably practicable.
- Cycle to work, salary sacrifice scheme
- Health and wellbeing at work – support available through our Occupational Health service
- Performance Development Review (PDR) and Learning & Development support
- Flexible benefits scheme available offering discounts on retail and a range of leisure activities
- Discount for the Sports Centre
- Personal Healthcare Scheme